The Alternative Approach To TA Qualifications
Developmental TA, TA Psychotherapy, TA Coaching
TA Practitioner TA Advanced Practitioner
TA Master Practitioner
TA Manager, Advanced Manager, Master Manager
TA Trainer/Supervisor TA Master Trainer/Supervisor
- Continuous assessment and the opportunity to collect staged accreditations
- Online through international interactive webinars, with option to supplement with workshops by visiting or local TA trainers
- Based on evidence portfolios and reflective commentaries rather than theoretical essays
- No need to choose a TA field of application too soon – start general and opt later for Developmental TA, TA Psychotherapy, TA Coaching or TA Management
- Option to run alongside preparing for CTA or TSTA; hours done will count for ITAA/EATA
- Credit possible for hours already done and/or TA certifications already attained
- Option to attain a Master’s degree based on accreditation of prior learning
ICTAQ – the International Centre for Transactional Analysis Qualifications was launched by Julie Hay, Lynda Tongue and Sandra Wilson to provide a way to offer more qualifications and to supplement the international TA qualifications of CTA and TSTA (Certified Transactional Analyst, Teaching & Supervising Transactional Analyst).
We offer qualifications as TA Practitioner, TA Master Practitioner, TA Master Practitioner, with optional specialisations. We also provide a route to become a TA Manager, for those working with their own teams rather than ‘clients’.
ICTAQ qualifications operate on the basis of ongoing assessment of professional practice (rather than essays), with certificate and diploma as stages on the way to an advanced diploma, which can also be converted to a Master’s degree via accrediation of prior learning. Although hours of training and supervision with ICTAQ team are also recognised by EATA and ITAA, the ICTAQ process sidesteps the international procedures whereby you get nothing if you drop out between your introductory TA 101 programme and the final examinations a few years later.
We have an international network of TA trainers, supervisors, trainees, students and other interested parties. We invite any P/TSTAs who might like to offer any of these qualifications to contact us to discuss joining the team. We also welcome enquiries from those with CTA who might want to consider the ICTAQ route to TA Trainer/TA Supervisor certification.
The following statement is included in the interests of openness and transparency.
ICTAQ – the International Centre for Transactional Analysis Qualifications CIC, is set up under UK law as a non-profit community interest company.
ICTAQ is now also responsible for the TA Proficiency Awards (run as a voluntary social action scheme)- see www.taproficiencyawards.org
and the International Journal of Transactional Analysis Research & Practice (a free open access journal) – see www.ijtarp.org